ia subtitle for CC movie "Nasty Old People" by Hanna Sköld

Ask questions about Interlingua here

ia subtitle for CC movie "Nasty Old People" by Hanna Sköld

Message publicper esra » ven. mar 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Salute,

Wikipedia

Story:

A young woman, Mette, is a member of a neo-Nazi gang, while her day job is to take care of four crazy old people that all are just waiting to die. Her life becomes a journey into a burlesque fairytale, where the rules of the game are created by Mette herself. Mette is indifferent about her way of life, until one night she assaults a man, kicking him senseless. Waking up the day after, she realizes that something is wrong, and in company with her crazy oldies she longs for respect and love. She can tell that the old folks are marginalized by the modern society, but together they create a world and a voice of their own.

NOP at Youtube (needs to login, subtitles can be enabeled)
NOP at Youtube (no need to login, but no subtitles)

nastyoldpeople.blogspot.se (subtitles download)

I use Notepad ++ to open and edit regarding *.srt (plain text) files.

Amicalmente,

Annotated Interlingua Grammar Interforo.org Wiki Laurentio | short: aig-Laurentio
Le angulo linguistic UMI | short: lal-umi
German-Interlingua dictionary Schild, A.; Ruhrig H.; 2008 | short: Schild-Ruhrig/ sr-2008
Interlingua - dictionario basic Breinstrup, T.; Notarstefano, I. 2011 | short: dictionario basic/db-2011
Interlingua - dictionario suppletive Breinstrup, Th.; Notarstefano, I. 2015 | short: dictionario suppletive/ ds-2015
Interlingua Grammar and Method Mulaik, S. 2015 | short: igm Mulaik 2015
instrumento moderne de communication international Stenström, I. 2010 | short: Stenstroem 2010
Lehrgang in zwanzig Lektionen Schild, A. 1970 | short: l20-Schild-1970
Le ultime vice modificate per esra al mer. mar 11, 2015 9:27 pm, modificate 11 vices in total.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: ia subtitle for CC movie "Nasty Old People" by Hanna Skö

Message publicper esra » ven. mar 06, 2015 9:37 pm

00:01:29,160 --> 00:01:31,640
Beautiful, or what? /
Esque ben?
For fuck's sake, you're home? /
Malediction! Esque tu es home?

00:01:31,800 --> 00:01:33,280
And there's more! /
In ultra plus!

00:01:36,440 --> 00:01:41,440
Delightful little thing, don't you think? /
Non es parve cosa? Non tu opina simile?
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper esra » sab. mar 07, 2015 5:21 pm

00:01:51,600 --> 00:01:54,400
I am Mette
Io es Mette.
00:01:56,040 --> 00:01:59,160
I'm nineteen
Io ha dece-novem annos.
00:02:06,880 --> 00:02:11,240
At the age of thirteen I became a Nazi.
Con dece-trece io deveniva un Nazi.
00:02:19,800 --> 00:02:23,320
Everybody loves me.
Cata ama me.
esra

Message publicper pne » mer. mar 11, 2015 5:22 pm

esra scribeva:Everybody loves me.
Cata ama me.

The ia-en dictionary says that "cata" is an adjective, so you wrote "every loves me", with a noun missing.

Perhaps "Totes ama me"?
Corrige mi messages in "Adjuta con interlingua". Scribe mi nomine de usator in le subjecto.
Moderatores pote anque corriger mi messages original, explicante le correctiones in un addendum.
pne

Messages public: 22
Membro desde: jov. feb 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Message publicper esra » mer. mar 11, 2015 9:24 pm

pne scribeva:The ia-en dictionary says that "cata" is an adjective, so you wrote "every loves me", with a noun missing.

Thanks for this hint. I'm complete beginner with that. Please, could you give more details of that ia-en dictonary?

sr-2008 lists: jedermann = cata un(o); tote le mundo
db-2011 lists: toto 1 sb. le >total, le quanto complete; 2 adv. completemente
igm-Mulaik-2015 lists: toto = everything (1)

(1) Does that mean that "toto" can not point to persons?

pne scribeva:Perhaps "Totes ama me"?
I'm complete beginner with that: So, I have to ask: In Interlingua, is it possible to make adjective an plural like "tote"+"s"? Or, does it mean something "besitzanzeigend" (ownership "-'s"; whats the English linguistic expression for that?)

l20-Schild-1970 "5. Lektion - die besitzanzeigenden Fürwörter"

===

I remember that there was A-B-C style online dictionary at interlingua.com. But I can't find it again. Does somebody have idea where it is located?
esra

Message publicper pne » jov. mar 12, 2015 8:18 am

esra scribeva:Please, could you give more details of that ia-en dictonary?

The one that started everything; "Interlingua-English Dictionary, A Dictionary of the International Language, compiled by the Research Staff of the International Auxiliary Language Association, under the direction of Alexander Gode, Ph.D.".

I found a PDF of it somewhere (prepared by Richard Young in 2007, it seems), though I don't remember where.

esra scribeva:sr-2008 lists: jedermann = cata un(o); tote le mundo

What are these files?

esra scribeva:(1) Does that mean that "toto" can not point to persons?

I believe so; in such pronouns -o is neuter and refers to things, and -e is masculine and refers to people. Similarly with ille/illa/illo, iste/ista/isto.

esra scribeva:In Interlingua, is it possible to make adjective an plural like "tote"+"s"?

Yes, when used by itself, as a kind of noun.

So, "le ric homines" (the rich people, die reichen Menschen) but "le rics" (the rich, die Reichen).

See also §39 in the Interlingua Grammar:

§39 in the Interlingua Grammar scribeva:Adjectives used as pronouns or nouns behave grammatically like ordinary nouns and can be pluralized.

Le puero ha quatro conilios, duo mascules e duo femines
'The boy has four rabbits, two male and two female ones'

A causa de lor eterne mal humor nos appella les "le acres"
'Because of their eternal bad humor we call them 'the acrid (ones)'

(The link above is to the original English version; there is also a version translated into Interlingua available from interlingua.com itself.)

esra scribeva:I remember that there was A-B-C style online dictionary at interlingua.com. But I can't find it again. Does somebody have idea where it is located?

interlingua.com lets you search the Interlingua-English Dictionary. Perhaps that is what you meant?

Finally, I am reminded of the Klingon mailing-list FAQ, which has as question 2.5:

Klingon mailing-list FAQ, question 2.5 scribeva:2.5 I've just finished reading TKD and I'm translating The Illiad into Klingon; anyone want to help?

We're delighted you're here! But, slow down, speed racer!

How do you expect to translate something like "Sing, O goddess, the anger of Achilles son of Peleus, that brought countless ills upon the Achaeans", before you've mastered "See spot run"? For some reason, a large number of beginners pick up TKD , and want to dive into the most complicated tasks. Unbelievable.

Here's an idea. Hang around the list for a while. Read everything you see that's written in Klingon. Try some simple, original sentences in tlhIngan Hol , within the KLBC . Write about what's on your mind, what you're doing on a daily basis, tell us about yourself. Work on putting your own thoughts and words into Klingon, before you wrestle with someone else's.

If you are still a beginner, perhaps it would be a good idea to pick a language course or a grammar and start with short texts of your own, based on the words and grammar you have learned so far, rather than trying to translate complex texts that others have written.

Also, if you have access to none of a grammar, a teacher, or a comprehensive textbook, it will be difficult to know what is correct and what is not.
Corrige mi messages in "Adjuta con interlingua". Scribe mi nomine de usator in le subjecto.
Moderatores pote anque corriger mi messages original, explicante le correctiones in un addendum.
pne

Messages public: 22
Membro desde: jov. feb 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Message publicper esra » jov. mar 12, 2015 10:26 pm

pne scribeva:
esra scribeva:sr-2008 lists: jedermann = cata un(o); tote le mundo

What are these files?

Its points to ressources listed at my first posting inside this thread.

pne scribeva:Finally, I am reminded of the Klingon mailing-list FAQ, which has as question 2.5:

"... If you are still a beginner, perhaps it would be a good idea to pick a language course or a grammar and start with short texts of your own, based on the words and grammar you have learned so far, rather than trying to translate complex texts that others have written..."

Yes, I got the point. I once started to digitize Gopsill's textbook "Interlingua Today" (Third impression 2002; 269 pages). Its most extensive textbook for Interlingua I have seen. But it looks like it would need much more efforts to digitize Gopsill's textbook than Schild's textbook "Interlingua in 20 Lektionen"(31 pages). Even with Schild's digitalization I'm not ready by now. Digitization of Gopsill's would need much more energy I don't have yet. (30 pages A4 versus 269 pages A5)

pne scribeva:Also, if you have access to none of a grammar, a teacher, or a comprehensive textbook, it will be difficult to know what is correct and what is not.
Schild's textbook has very detailed descriptions. That was reason why I started to digitize it. I have to confess that digitized Schild's textbook gives me main motivation to stay with Interlingua.
esra

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 1 visitante