(canceled) The Cosmonaut open source movie translation

Ask questions about Interlingua here

(canceled) The Cosmonaut open source movie translation

Message publicper esra » sab. jan 04, 2014 2:54 pm

(Another proposal

===

Salute,

the such named Open Source movie The Cosmonaut (Wikipedia) is much more professional than Valkaama. Read here for copyright (better "copyleft") information.

www.thecosmonaut.org (official website)

It can be viewed at Youtube. There exists dozen of Firefox Browser add-ons, which can download that embedded Youtube file to your computer local harddisk. I.e. Video DownloadHelper etc.

The movie starts at 02:30 min.

Download English and Spanish subtitles (see regarding folder) . "FW" stands for Frostwire which is Bittorrent provider. Frostwire sponsors permanent seeding of The Cosmonaut Bittorrent files.

Opera Browser has built-in BitTorrent client which automatically and legaly can download the movie. Regarding Zip-file contains movie (4.1 GB mp4) and english and spanish subtitle files. To watch the movie I recommend to use VLC media player, which can run subtitle files, too. A lot of TV sets also can run mp4-files transfered via USB pen drives, external harddrives etc.

Translation project at Interforo Wiki.

Amicalmente,
Le ultime vice modificate per esra al ven. feb 27, 2015 12:16 pm, modificate 11 vices in total.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: The Cosmonaut open source movie translation

Message publicper esra » dom. jan 05, 2014 4:06 pm

"A film that is changing the relationship with spectators. The center piece of the cosmonautic experience."

In my opinion that movie narrates storyline of several things happened in past, awake dreams which are intented to explain the loss of somebody loved but probably dead lost "fellow" and ongoing observations. I really like that movie but its difficult story.

Original subtitle contains italic marked parts which in my opinion mark hallucination scences. Interlingua translation should contain that italic markers. I.e.

00:16:35,871 --> 00:16:38,873
The spacecraft is empty!
There’s no one inside!

00:16:55,111 --> 00:16:57,396
<i>Chaika, do you read me? Over.</i>

Furthermore, the spanish spoken introduction doesn't seem to be some introduction. It seems to mark the frame inside The Cosmonaut is narrated later. So, its more an abstract to get an understanding of real life and hallucination scences inside the movie.

In result: Dialogues are very short and only loosely have an shared context.
Le ultime vice modificate per esra dom. jun 29, 2014 6:00 pm, modificate 1 vice in total.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. jun 29, 2014 10:16 am

I created wiki page to translate subtitle text into Interlingua.
esra

Message publicper esra » sab. oct 11, 2014 1:46 pm

esra scribeva:Salute,

It can be viewed at Youtube. ...

The movie starts at 02:30 min.

Generaly, story is quite confusing. I only like speech beginning 3:30 and ending 7:48 minutes. In my opinion its very nice speech about motives to fell in fascinated by something. Could be similar story regarding history of Interlingua.

I think about to insert that speech transcripted into Interlingua like some appendix lesson of some Radio Pruno project (in detail: Andre Schild "Interlingua kompakt").
esra

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 2 visitantes