"Interlingua - Phonetic English (alike)" ?

Ask questions about Interlingua here

Re: "Interlingua - Phonetic English alike" (?)

Message publicper esra » dom. oct 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Oeste scribeva:I suppose my own purpose is in finding the right place for interlingua in the general ecology of communication. To me it seems a great language for collaborators.
I feel being left inside same situation. Last time I often participated at Interslavic forum. But compared with Interslavic, for me Interlingua is more near by me in linguistic sense of my native language which is German. I'm still searching for respectfull slogan which shows practical unique value of Interlingua, not some interchangeble political ones. See last posting by me.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: "Interlingua - Phonetic English (alike)" ?

Message publicper esra » sab. oct 18, 2014 10:07 am

Mulaik page 20: "... You will discover that Interlingua is like a dialect of English (or vise versa) and often you can substitute a word in Interlingua that is very similar to a word in English and go on your merry way. ..."
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper bartlett » sab. oct 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Stan Mulaik and I have often disagreed. To my thinking, Interlingua is an autonomous language, albeit that it has Anglo-Latin roots. I have noticed that Mr. Mulaik's Interlingua texts are often little more than relexified English, right down to relexified idioms (forms which might be puzzling to non-anglophones), whereas other writers use the language more on its own.
bartlett

Messages public: 86
Membro desde: mer. jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Message publicper esra » sab. oct 25, 2014 12:23 am

Some time ago I stumbeled over that lists of Pioneros de Interlingua. Its interesting question but do pioneers of some mission mark expertise or level of enthusiasm only?
esra

Previe

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 1 visitante