Mumble conferencing

Ask questions about Interlingua here

Mumble conferencing

Message publicper esra » ven. nov 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Salute,

Pirate Party Germany very intensive uses conferencing tool Mumble to organize themselves. There excists some Mumble rooms which could be proper for Interlingua conversation. I.e.

mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/International/PPEU (1)
mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/In ... 20Italiano
mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/In ... 20Colombia
mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/In ... a%20Espana
mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/In ... Grenzenlos (2)

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPEU
(2) Grenzenlos = without any borders

Server adresse: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Port: 64738 (by default)
user name: any, but no blanks allowed

regards,
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Mumble conferencing

Message publicper Oeste » mer. dec 11, 2013 7:13 am

Deo Mie! Pirates en interlingua? Nos besonia el gnomo e el fee! Interlingua manca phantasia!

Realmente, gratias pro le ligamines.
Corrige mi messages in "Adjuta con interlingua". Scribe mi nomine de usator in le subjecto, o in un message private.

Moderatores pote corriger mi messages original, explicante le correctiones in un addendum.

Gratias
Oeste

Messages public: 21
Membro desde: ven. dec 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Message publicper esra » ven. dec 13, 2013 10:36 am

Its also interesting that language subscription of pp.international.general discussion list can be set to Interlingua. Could be worth to ask them if they really wanna support Interlingua or if there are still Interlingua activists inside their movement who are political Piratas same time.

"Which language do you prefer to display your messages? ": English (USA), German, Interlingua, Russian, Swedish

Btw. personally I'm not related in any way to the Piratas (Piratenpartei). But they are often mentioned in German newspapers. And, yes, European Union could need much more Direct democracy power. Next EU election will be hold next March to May 2014. Small parties will need at least 3 percent voters to get into European Parliament. In Germany some political party needs 5 percent to get into Bundestag.

Amicalmente,
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper Oeste » dom. dec 15, 2013 2:19 am

Btw. personally I'm not related in any way to the Piratas (Piratenpartei). But they are often mentioned in German newspapers. And, yes, European Union could need much more Direct democracy power. Next EU election will be hold next March to May 2014. Small parties will need at least 3 percent voters to get into European Parliament. In Germany some political party needs 5 percent to get into Bundestag.

Thanks for the links and the references. It seems like Piratas would like to use interlingua. It has a certain democratic ethos built in. It was collaboratively developed based on spoken languages and the rules for change are clear and not enforced by any central body of dictators, just the IALA. It is open sourced and has no intellectual property entanglements.

It appears that the pirates and I share a couple of values, but direct democracy isn't one of them. It would be fun to hear what they have to say in various interlanguages.

As an american, the thought of parliaments, percentage representation, coalitions fills me with some emotion similar to contempt. I prefer our system of bribery, black magic, class warfare, and decentralized regionalisms to the civilized systems of europeans. I find in discussions with europeans that they are under the impression that the USA is one country! Some americans mistakenly believe this as well. They freely ignore the municipal, county, state, federal, indian tribes, territorial govs, authorities, governing boards, etc. that form the patchwork that is our system. We don't even have one federal judiciary system. It is split into so many parts you need a manual to understand it. Maybe if the USA learned interlingua we would be able to understand each other!
Corrige mi messages in "Adjuta con interlingua". Scribe mi nomine de usator in le subjecto, o in un message private.

Moderatores pote corriger mi messages original, explicante le correctiones in un addendum.

Gratias
Oeste

Message publicper esra » dom. dec 15, 2013 11:49 am

Oeste scribeva:Thanks for the links and the references. It seems like Piratas would like to use interlingua.
Until now I don't know. I'm not member of Piratas but someones also don't have to be party member to participate at most of their activities.

Oeste scribeva:It appears that the pirates and I share a couple of values, but direct democracy isn't one of them.
I don't understand how you did get that appreciation. They use Mumble extensivly, they use Liquid Feedback tool and how I mentioned above someones also don't have to be party member to participate at most of their activities.

Oeste scribeva:It would be fun to hear what they have to say in various interlanguages.
Regarding agreements how to come to some group statement they still are not ready with proper working. They are somewhat chaotic at self organization doing but they try to change.

Oeste scribeva:As an american, the thought of parliaments, percentage representation, coalitions fills me with some emotion similar to contempt. I prefer our system of bribery, black magic, class warfare, and decentralized regionalisms to the civilized systems of europeans.
Well, decentralized regionalism, federalism(?) makes sense when to get running such huge country like the U.S. Decentralized regionalism somewhat remembers me to Subsidiarity.

Oeste scribeva:I find in discussions with europeans that they are under the impression that the USA is one country!
Couple of years ago I traveled along U.S. west coast countries. For me it was enough experience to say that of course U.S. can not have one nation identity. Theres nothing bad to stay with regional identity because it comes along with realized democratic subsidiarity decisions.

Oeste scribeva:Some americans mistakenly believe this as well. They freely ignore the municipal, county, state, federal, indian tribes, territorial govs, authorities, governing boards, etc. that form the patchwork that is our system.
Its federal ones similar like post WWII-Germany ones.

Oeste scribeva:Maybe if the USA learned interlingua we would be able to understand each other!
Its interesting that there doesn't excists some law which makes English official language of the U.S. At the European Union national languages of every member country and some regional ones are official languages of the E.U.
esra

Message publicper Oeste » dom. dec 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Oeste scribeva:
It appears that the pirates and I share a couple of values, but direct democracy isn't one of them.

I don't understand how you did get that appreciation. They use Mumble extensivly, they use Liquid Feedback tool and how I mentioned above someones also don't have to be party member to participate at most of their activities.

Sorry, my english was ambiguous. What I meant to say was the Piratas value direct democracy and I do not value it.

Oeste scribeva:
Maybe if the USA learned interlingua we would be able to understand each other!

Its interesting that there doesn't excists some law which makes English official language of the U.S. At the European Union national languages of every member country and some regional ones are official languages of the E.U.

I was being facetious. We have english as the official language for legislation and elementary education. We still don't understand each other. Our human confusions come not from the language but from deeper places of disagreement.

Gratias
Oeste

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 3 visitantes