subtitle translation (and dubbing) of open movie "Valkaama"

Ask questions about Interlingua here

subtitle translation (and dubbing) of open movie "Valkaama"

Message publicper esra » dom. sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Salute,

there excists some such called Open Source Movies which have Copyleft licences which could be usefull to do subtitleing in Interlingua. I did browse through the list and found following movie proper to use:

Valkaama

Valkaama at Youtube (full length)

Its also possible to download DVD *.iso image.

Furthermore, since Microsoft Windows Vista its possible to burn DVD *.iso images without any need to install additional DVD burning software. Simply make right mouse click on regarding *.iso file and choose regarding menue entry (in English "Burn disc image"; in German "Datenträgerabbild brennen").

Btw, how to translate movie's name Valkaama into Interlingua, which is Valkaama = valkama (Finnish: home) + kaamos (Finnish: polar night)?

Amicalmente,
Le ultime vice modificate per esra al sab. oct 18, 2014 11:15 am, modificate 15 vices in total.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Open Source Movies

Message publicper esra » mar. dec 31, 2013 7:47 pm

Salute,

similar like idea of Annotated Interlingua Grammar I would like propose to translate and grammatical annotate subtitles of movie mentioned above. To do so I created start page at the Interforo wiki.

Please pick some subtitle phrase, translate it and grammatical annotate it as much as possible. By the end it could develop into Interlingua voice dubbed multimedial-based movie to learn language Interlingua.

Dialogues at Valkaarma movie are spoken slowly so it should be easy to dub it means to give the actors Interlingua voices.

Every sequence of the movie comes with specific subtitle sequence. And every movie sequence contains multiple image frames which form the running movie. So, imagine, some subtitle phrase is translated into Interlingua, regarding frames of video sequence can be exctrated (1) and "frozen" set beside the translated Interlingua phrase.

Amicalmente,

(1) i.e. with help of VirtualDub
Le ultime vice modificate per esra al jov. jan 02, 2014 3:21 pm, modificate 3 vices in total.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Re: Open Source Movies

Message publicper esra » jov. jan 02, 2014 11:48 am

Salute,

Valkaama (Interforo Wiki)

Amicalmente,
Le ultime vice modificate per esra jov. jan 02, 2014 3:19 pm, modificate 1 vice in total.
esra

Re: Valkaama open source movie subtitle translation

Message publicper esra » jov. jan 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Regarding Interlingua *.srt subtitle file will be placed here.

SRT files are TXT files and so can be opened with every notepad editor. I use Notepad++

Use right mouse click menu entry "save as ..." otherwise the subtitle file propably will be opened directly inside your browser.

Original English subtitle file
Original French subtitle file
Original German subtitle file
Original Italian subtitle file
Original Korean subtitle file
Original Polish subtitle file
Original Spanish subtitle file

Amicalmente,
Le ultime vice modificate per esra jov. jan 02, 2014 1:16 pm, modificate 1 vice in total.
esra

Message publicper esra » jov. jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

00:01:13,866 --> 00:01:15,466
Can I send an email tonight?
Esque io emittera smalto iste nocto ?

esra scribeva:Use right mouse click menu entry "save as ..." otherwise the subtitle file propably will be opened directly inside your browser.
Original English subtitle file
Original French subtitle file
Original German subtitle file
Original Italian subtitle file
Original Korean subtitle file
Original Polish subtitle file
Original Spanish subtitle file
esra

Message publicper esra » ven. jan 03, 2014 1:10 pm

I also opened thread regarding that topic at central Interslavic discussion forum.

> An movie contains "running pictures" (motion) which triggers
> learning very well. That single pictures are named "frames" and can
> be extracted very easy by specialized software i.e.
> VirtualDub. Any picture
> contains an idea, better named "frozen circumstance".
>
> To promote some conlang someones need to create learning material
> which others can grasp/learn easely. Often this is done by creating
> some story which hidden guides the interested people into that
> regarding conlang. So far, as good. To enrich that story often
> conlang promoter draw pictures.
>
> So far, as good and often done. Problem with drawn pictures seems
> that most learners can not identify with that drawn comic persons.
> Best would be to enrich that learning story with real persons means
> to create a movie version of that learn story how i.e. it was done
> with Gerda malaperis * (lernu.net)
>
> Well, so far, as good. Of course, Gerda Malaperis and Valkaama
> movies are type of like movie students do with which I don't wanna
> devalue their work.
>
> Regarding Valkaama. Okay, to someones who expect bang-bum-Hollywood,
> of course those will be disappointed. Valkaama more comes close to
> Scandinavian movie style i.e. Wallander film series. But, hey,
> regarding conlang issue: It doesn't matter very much to create
> Hollywood-burner movie to promote some conlang. The whole Valkaama
> movie can be downloaded as full source MKV container. Of course it
> needs lot of creativity to convert that movie source into some
> conlang learning material. But in my opinion its a fantastic gift to
> promote its own prefered conlang.
>
> *use hma if movie is blocked in your country.
Le ultime vice modificate per esra al ven. jan 03, 2014 6:37 pm, modificate 2 vices in total.
esra

Message publicper esra » ven. jan 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Youtube offers possibility to add *.SRT subtitle files to some uploaded video/movie. So, someones translates the *.SRT file inside some notepad editor and later it will uploaded and enclosed to regarding video.

Of course that *.SRT file can be used different than with Youtube services, too.

Valkaama can be downloaded full source *.mkv container. It should be not that big effort to convert simple text *.srt subtitle format into Matroska *.mkv compatible subtitle format.

DVDStyler supports Matroska *.mkv container file format.
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. jan 05, 2014 4:16 pm

I believe some scenes would be interesting translation excercises. In my opinion the storyline could be more interesting. Some scences I will not take a second look on. But there are also some very nice shot Road movie style scences. Hhm.
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. oct 12, 2014 1:01 pm

I thought about again.

good:

- clear to follow story script (i.e. contrary to The Cosmonant)
- two main characters, one each are female and male
- download ressource remains stable means it did not disappear during several years (thats not common)
- non-speedy screen play = very proper to dub* it later into Interlingua

* Maybe it would be could idea to create karaoke version of it first. So it would facilitate to "place" syllables of interlingua dubbing into mouth of movies characters. Could be organized same like this example which was created using Karafun karaoke editor. Karafun karaoke editor isn't for sale anymore. For new karaoke projects it would be better to use Doblon Karaoke Video Creator which I intend to buy.

So, how to follow-up?

- stable "ever-lasting" online hosting of Valkaama
- creation of Interlingua subtitle via universalsubtitles.org, dotsub.com or similar.

Amikalmente,
Le ultime vice modificate per esra al dom. oct 12, 2014 2:48 pm, modificate 3 vices in total.
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. oct 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Vlc player can use subtitle files. Also it exists Android version of Vlc player. That way vlc player can be used to play Vakaama movie at cell phones (with use of subtitle files*).

176px width *.3gp file (54 MB)
320px width *.3gp file (151 MB)
640px width *.mp4 file (323 MB)
(I will upload it to Dropbox later)

*I still have to check this. Hhm, I didn't get it to activate subtitles on my cellphone's vlc player. After launching video file there is menue visible which offers to activate subtitle files.
esra

Proxime

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 1 visitante