digitalization & translation of Curso de Interlingua

Ask questions about Interlingua here

Re: digitalization & translation of Curso de Interlingua

Message publicper esra » dom. mai 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Okay. Sorry, back to Interlingua.
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Message publicper Laurentio » mer. mai 21, 2014 4:34 am

Wow, Esra, you've been very diligent!! Great work! :)

So the whole course is now on line and proofread?

I looked at the pdf, and it looks great! You seem to have made a lot of useful additions as well.

Have you done any PR for the course yet?

I'm not sure I can see the use of translating it into Tutonish, as I can't imagine that that language has any enthusiasts today.

Of course, a Germanic Interlingua is also a very interesting project, but from what I've read in Wikipedia, I don't think Tutonish seems as easily understandable or as elegant as some of the newer Germanic inter-languages that I've seen. Also, the talk about it being an "aryan" language was somewhat off-putting to me (though I know mr. Molee of course couldn't know what atrocities would later be carried out by proponents of an "aryan" race).

In any case, I don't think it would be good to mix two auxlangs in one conference, because auxlangers, in my experience, tend to be somewhat conservative and "protective" of their favorite auxlang.

But in any case, best of luck with the translation project! :)
Ask not what you can do for your conlang - ask what your conlang can do for you
Laurentio
cmmiur

Messages public: 264
Membro desde: ven. jun 12, 2009 12:04 am

Message publicper esra » ven. mai 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Laurentio scribeva:So the whole course is now on line and proofread?
Its proofread onces on hardcopy paper. I will proofread it second on hardcopy paper. I got some motivation again to translate it into English.

Laurentio scribeva:I looked at the pdf, and it looks great! You seem to have made a lot of useful additions as well.
Thanks. I spent "some" weekends on it ;-)

Laurentio scribeva:Have you done any PR for the course yet?

Only at interforo and interlng. I wouldn't name Schild's course some full blende course. Schild's course is more analytical prezentation of Interlingua. But with right tools it could be blended with offline hardcopy paper excerises and online personal learning environments (SCORM package at some Moodle server environment). I already listed some tools here.

Amicalmente,
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper Laurentio » mer. mai 28, 2014 4:58 am

esra scribeva:
Laurentio scribeva:So the whole course is now on line and proofread?
Its proofread onces on hardcopy paper. I will proofread it second on hardcopy paper.

Hard copy? Think of the poor trees, man! (Just kidding!) ;-)

Sounds excellent!

Do you still want to upload the course to Interwiki? (I'm of course happy to do it and/or help with the adaptation.)

I got some motivation again to translate it into English.

Cool! I'll be happy to help with proofreading.

Laurentio scribeva:Have you done any PR for the course yet?

Only at interforo and interlng. I wouldn't name Schild's course some full blende course.

Blende?

Schild's course is more analytical prezentation of Interlingua. But with right tools it could be blended with offline hardcopy paper excerises and online personal learning environments (SCORM package at some Moodle server environment).

Sounds interesting!
Ask not what you can do for your conlang - ask what your conlang can do for you
Laurentio
cmmiur

Messages public: 264
Membro desde: ven. jun 12, 2009 12:04 am

Message publicper esra » lun. jun 02, 2014 4:34 am

Laurentio scribeva:Blende?
Sorry. It should be "blended". Schild's course doesn't contain much of exercises and instructions, games etc. learners can be motivated to recall. Its grammar listing "only" with some reading examples for each chapter, no further "provoking" questions to the learner etc.
esra

Message publicper esra » mer. jun 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Gopsill's "Interlingua Today" contains lot of exercises which provoke learning actions.
esra

Message publicper bartlett » mer. jun 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Gopsill's "Interlingua Today" is very good for English speakers, in my opinion, although it may be becoming a little "old fashioned" in some of its examples. ;) Nevertheless, I consider it a good resource. If one were to try to adapt it, of course, there is always the question of copyright.
bartlett

Messages public: 86
Membro desde: mer. jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Message publicper esra » dom. mar 08, 2015 1:13 pm

I decided to ban every relaunch efforts into some supplement work to keep together original concept as much as possible. Next task is to create index for better retrieval.

Schilds book will be my base to dive into Interlingua with subtitle translation. (1); (2)

OpenOffice file format will remain main file format.
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. mar 15, 2015 4:49 pm

changes (file Schild_Andre_Interlingua_kompakt_2015_03_15a.odt, *.doc, *.pdf)

chapter 9 ...
a) Tatform (Aktiv)

... now offers step-by-step description conjugation inside footnotes.

===

Probably I found one typo mistake inside original work:

1a.) Vorgegenwart/ perfecto: "io ha amante" (letter "-n-" were missing)

===

About some aspects I'm not sure. According author Schild the Mittelwort(1) of futuro perfecte and Mittelwort(2) of conditional perfecte are marked up same like Mittelwort of passato. Does the rule e-2-i (i.e. vider to vidite) applies, too? Is that correct?

Schild, A: „Das Mittelwort der Vergangenheit wird durch die Nachsilbe -te gebildet, die an den Verbalstamm gehängt wird. Bei den Verben auf -e (z.B.vider) verwandelt man das e in i.“

- 3a) futuro perfecte:
"io haberá audite(1)" (footnote 24; 25)

- 4a) conditional perfecte:
"io haberéa vidite(2)" (footnote 28)

Amicalmente,
esra

Message publicper pne » dom. mar 15, 2015 6:44 pm

esra scribeva:Probably I found one typo mistake inside original work:

1a.) Vorgegenwart/ perfecto: "io ha amante" (letter "-n-" were missing)

Should be "io ha amate" (I have loved), no -n-.

"amante" is "loving", and "I have loving" makes no sense.

esra scribeva:About some aspects I'm not sure. According author Schild the Mittelwort(1)

"participle" in English. (In German, the Latinesque word is "Partizip".)

esra scribeva:of futuro perfecte and Mittelwort(2) of conditional perfecte are marked up same like Mittelwort of passato. Does the rule e-2-i (i.e. vider to vidite) applies, too? Is that correct?

Schild, A: „Das Mittelwort der Vergangenheit wird durch die Nachsilbe -te gebildet, die an den Verbalstamm gehängt wird. Bei den Verben auf -e (z.B.vider) verwandelt man das e in i.“

- 3a) futuro perfecte:
"io haberá audite(1)" (footnote 24; 25)

- 4a) conditional perfecte:
"io haberéa vidite(2)" (footnote 28)

Yes, it's the same form for each -- like in English or German or French etc.

"Ich werde gehört, ich werde gehört haben, ich würde gehört haben" all have the same form "gehört"; it's the past participle (or whatever you want to call it).

So the same stem changes apply in each case.
Corrige mi messages in "Adjuta con interlingua". Scribe mi nomine de usator in le subjecto.
Moderatores pote anque corriger mi messages original, explicante le correctiones in un addendum.
pne

Messages public: 22
Membro desde: jov. feb 26, 2015 9:51 pm

PrevieProxime

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 2 visitantes