digitalization & translation of Curso de Interlingua

Ask questions about Interlingua here

Re: digitalization & translation: Schild, A Curso de Interli

Message publicper bangiolo20 » sab. jan 18, 2014 2:24 pm

OCR capture: Done.
There lacks some first chapters in the pdf version
Pote gentilmente corrigere mios errores ? Face lo in "Adjuta con interlingua". Scriba clamando me per nome del usator in tema. Moderatores poten tamben corrigere mias messages originales, explicando correcciones como un appendice a basso.
bangiolo20

Messages public: 97
Membro desde: mar. oct 29, 2013 11:03 am

Re: digitalization & translation of Curso de Interlingua

Message publicper esra » sab. jan 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Yes, you're right. Lesson 1/2/3 still need ocr review. That pdf is automatic export result of same file name LibreOffice *.odt file. But the ocr capture of Lesson 1/2/3 already were done. They can be found inside Schild_Andre_Epson_Scan_Input_17-Nov-2013.zip ball.

By now I also will add Microsoft Word *.doc version which I will let generate by LibreOffice export feature.

I don't do ocr review in strict sequent order. That what I feel interested at the moment I'm working further on. So, step by step I will fill up the gaps. Every chapter what is marked with (i.A.) - means "in Arbeit" - in the headline is not ready with ocr review process. I continuing have to check automatic ocr capture output with hard print original work. That was recognized correctly first goes into clipboard and Notepad editor, later per clipboard into LibreOffice document. So, no hard and crazy layout information will get into LibreOffice document.

Excact image copies also can be found inside non-ocr capture folder 100_scan_result_jpeg.

That 1/2/3 Lesson's content are not very difficult to implement. Most efforts did need chapter 9 and every wordlist (i.e. chapter 20 and Supinalstämme). Casually automatic ocr recognition did produce wrong results.

So, if every text will be in of the document I will do hard print out of digitalisated version (let it call me Radio Pruno version) and will cross check again with original hard print work. Then, if some motivation is already left, then I will digitize original "Übungstexte" and I will try to translate it the "Interlinear translation" way. I saw that hint to "Interlinear translation" at Lernu.net forum. I would add some new value to original work to have available that Übungstexte available the Interlinear translated way. Some exemples of interlinear translated text could be found at archive.org. I like that historical book by Thomas Clark. Interlinear translation method is explained from OCR page 24 continuing.

Amicalmente,
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Message publicper esra » sab. jan 18, 2014 10:18 pm

Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper esra » lun. jan 20, 2014 12:53 am

Only 2 chapters left (17+19).
esra

Message publicper esra » lun. jan 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Finished. :-) (folder 098)
Le ultime vice modificate per esra ven. jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm, modificate 1 vice in total.
esra

Message publicper esra » ven. jan 31, 2014 9:24 pm

- review of ocr output of excercise texts was started. (folder 097). All text below headlines containing "i.A." (German: "In Arbeit") are not finaly checked (review) until now.
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. feb 02, 2014 10:22 am

- review of ocr output of excercise texts. done.
- automatic word list of all Interlingua words inside Schild's course.*

Update:* I tried to use TextSTAT to do that job but I run into some problem. TextSTAT chops words which contain letters with later inserted ´acut accent´ and Polish letter ł. I sent bugreport to TextSTAT maintainer. If the acut accent is already in and will not inserted later inside LibreOffice then acut accent words will not be chopped by TextSTAT tool.
esra

Message publicper esra » sab. feb 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Cover page were changed to give it somewhat more "human style". Its possible to contact Alyssa through Facebook. Some years ago she created small webpage about Interlingua.
esra

Message publicper esra » dom. mai 18, 2014 11:51 am

I started to translate Alteutonik into German. Its project name is Radio Gran. After I will have finished that I will try to use Alteutonik output to translate Schild's Interlingua course into Alteutonik. Maybe that could add some more attractiveness to Incontro Nordic Interlingua events.

Amicalmente,
esra

Message publicper bartlett » dom. mai 18, 2014 7:08 pm

I have knowledge of Elias Molee's work, especially the copy of his original "tutonish" of 1902, of which I think highly. However, I am not certain what tutonish, Alteutonik, Nieu Teutonish, or any other pan-Germanic constructed languages (such as Folkspraak) really have to do with Interlingua, which is the focus of this forum. :?:
bartlett

Messages public: 86
Membro desde: mer. jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

PrevieProxime

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 2 visitantes