traduction de cantos en lingua Esperanto

Ask questions about Interlingua here

Re: traduction de cantos en lingua Esperanto

Message publicper Scriptor » mar. jun 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Interlingua has at least two words for "I": the most common is "io" but you can also use "yo", which in reality is
the same as the one syllable pronunciation of "io", so I can recommend Erik to use it.

As for the apostrophes, I myself use them in my poetry, as in this haiku, where I made an effort to remain
in the 17 syllable frame:

Silente arbor'
aves ancor' dormiente
sonia del alba

arbor' = arbore
ancor' = ancora

In my opinion this is admissible, as long as the words are easily recognizable and confusion doesn't arise.
So I can suggest cord' instead of corde. Most people will know it is corde=heart and not corda=string :)

I have seen the YouTube video with the Esperanto singing versus the Interlingua lyrics, and it generally
seems to work fine. As for details with word phrasing, a talented singer can make small improvised
adjustments to make it sound OK.

You do a great work with your karaoke project, Erik!

Salutes amical,

M. Scriptor
Scriptor

Messages public: 82
Membro desde: sab. sep 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Message publicper esra » mar. jun 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Scriptor scribeva:Interlingua has at least two words for "I": the most common is "io" but you can also use "yo", which in reality is
the same as the one syllable pronunciation of "io", so I can recommend Erik to use it.

Okay, now I got it. That "i" could be used same way like German "Joghurt" and English "Yogurt". So, that way I even can not confuse it with Esperanto "i~o" (=something) Great :-)

Scriptor scribeva:In my opinion this is admissible, as long as the words are easily recognizable and confusion doesn't arise.
So I can suggest cord' instead of corde. Most people will know it is corde=heart and not corda=string :)

Thanks again for your lyrics translation which was my kickstarter to migrate that karaoke :-)

Amikalmente,
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Messages public: 174
Membro desde: jov. oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Message publicper Laurentio » mer. jun 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Salute, Esra,

esra scribeva:Salute Laurentio,

Laurentio scribeva:I myself have a tendency to pronounce 'io' as one syllable (with the 'i' acting as a consonant), but maybe (probably) I'm in the minority.
Hhm, I have nearly none experiences with Interlingua pronounciation. Based at that my narrow knowledge of IA-pronouncation I feel that two(?) syllables "i<o" beginnings somewhat - hhm - "bumpy" or more in detail not most best suited to original sound track.

In that case I think you should follow Scriptor's suggestion of using 'yo' to be on the safe side. It's possible that pronouncing 'io' with a (eo./ia.) 'j' sound, like I suggested, isn't technically correct.

Laurentio scribeva:First I thought that 'tan (multo)' was an error, but I see 'tan' is in the IED in square brackets. *) Some would prefer 'si multo'.

Hhm. Okay. I'm still absolute beginner below A1 CEFR level with Interlingua.

I'm not saying you necessarily have to change it. You could also say that It's good to use the less commonly used words some more, to make people aware that they exist (and are correct).

OTOH, I think 'si multo' is easier to sing than 'tan multo'. :)

Btw., a google search on >>interlingua "si multo"<< results in 42 hits, and >>interlingua "tan multo"<< only 4. Personally I don't think I've ever used either, because you can also express 'so much' with 'tanto'.

Laurentio scribeva:What's up with " cor~d'e' "? :)

Yes. At that syllable I was not sure how to do time stamps of that word. I only know in Esperanto some words in poetry lyrics can loose their letters. That will be marked with apostrophe'. So in Esperanto words which ends with -o (substantive) and -a (adjectives) could end with apostrophe instead of -o and -a.

I haven't dabbled much in Interlingua poetry, but Scriptor's advice seems good. :)

Btw, if I were to be pedantic, I'm not sure 'io ama te' is strictly correct. I believe the word order when you have two pronouns in a sentence should be [pronoun] [pronoun] [verb], that is 'io te ama'. But in poetry / song lyrics, I think it's okay to bend the rules a little.
Ask not what you can do for your conlang - ask what your conlang can do for you
Laurentio
cmmiur

Messages public: 264
Membro desde: ven. jun 12, 2009 12:04 am

Message publicper esra » jov. jun 27, 2013 10:42 am

Laurentio scribeva:
Laurentio scribeva:I myself have a tendency to pronounce 'io' as one syllable (with the 'i' acting as a consonant), but maybe (probably) I'm in the minority.

esra scribeva:Hhm, I have nearly none experiences with Interlingua pronounciation. Based at that my narrow knowledge of IA-pronouncation I feel that two(?) syllables "i<o" beginnings somewhat - hhm - "bumpy" or more in detail not most best suited to original sound track.

In that case I think you should follow Scriptor's suggestion of using 'yo' to be on the safe side. It's possible that pronouncing 'io' with a (eo./ia.) 'j' sound, like I suggested, isn't technically correct.

Okay. "Technically" inside Karafun Studio its possible to correct that. Inside Karafun Standard its not possible. Someones has to do time stamp synching once again from the beginning. Inside Doblon Karaoke CD+G Creator Pro its very easy to do. Until now I only have an Karafun Studio version to use with. I plan to buy that Doblon Karaoke CD+G Creator Pro ones which will donate possibilty to create MP3+G pairs which can be used at every Karaoke music pub.

Regarding Karaoke software.

Laurentio scribeva:
esra scribeva:
Laurentio scribeva:First I thought that 'tan (multo)' was an error, but I see 'tan' is in the IED in square brackets. *) Some would prefer 'si multo'.

Hhm. Okay. I'm still absolute beginner below A1 CEFR level with Interlingua.

I'm not saying you necessarily have to change it. You could also say that It's good to use the less commonly used words some more, to make people aware that they exist (and are correct).

Thats very interesting view. So karaoke and sung song lyrics generaly could serve to promote alternative Interlingua words.
Laurentio scribeva:OTOH, I think 'si multo' is easier to sing than 'tan multo'. :)

Yes, I agree. I assume most of us agree with that song is on best way to be fine tuned Interlingua lyric song version in near future. Maybe that could work for other songs of LPG the same way. That that way Interlingua could migrate contemporary Esperanto music into contemporary Interlingua music very "easely". (Only to mention, there's an Esperanto Reggae style album in preparation which also contains instrumental versions).

That Interlingua lyrics could need some more fine tuning to remove bumpyness as much as possible. To do so someones should try to sing that song line per line. Its like an per lyrics line "rehearsal loop" to check if lyrics go along the musics rhytm and flow. Furthermore someones could see it like some interaction philosophy because how to determine what holds the master and what the slave role: The singer or the music rythm? Does that master & "slave" role is changing? etc. Obviously in current case of Amokanto music holds the master role because the music of Amokanto mostly determines numbers of syllables to use without to let run the singer into danger of hyperventilating.

I hope that this my work of karaoke time stamp coloring will help somewhat to finish fine tuning of that song to some finished, "non-bumpy" singing flow with Interlingua lyrics.
Laurentio scribeva:Btw., a google search on >>interlingua "si multo"<< results in 42 hits, and >>interlingua "tan multo"<< only 4. Personally I don't think I've ever used either, because you can also express 'so much' with 'tanto'.

Okay. Lyrics fine tuning can get tricky very fast. But seem to be good topic to bring and hold Interlingua folks together.
Laurentio scribeva:
Laurentio scribeva:What's up with " cor~d'e' "? :)

esra scribeva:Yes. At that syllable I was not sure how to do time stamps of that word. I only know in Esperanto some words in poetry lyrics can loose their letters. That will be marked with apostrophe'. So in Esperanto words which ends with -o (substantive) and -a (adjectives) could end with apostrophe instead of -o and -a.

I haven't dabbled much in Interlingua poetry, but Scriptor's advice seems good. :)

Okay. I will "implement" it the way Scriptor did advice it.
Laurentio scribeva:Btw, if I were to be pedantic, I'm not sure 'io ama te' is strictly correct. I believe the word order when you have two pronouns in a sentence should be [pronoun] [pronoun] [verb], that is 'io te ama'. But in poetry / song lyrics, I think it's okay to bend the rules a little.

Maybe could be good idea to discuss at some forum with wider audience or to motivate other Interlingua folks to join that ongoing Interforo forum discussion.

Amicalmente,
Radio Pruno projects: IA-DE translation of Dictionario basic (2,500 parolas) & digitalization of Interlingua kompakt (both under construction)
esra

Message publicper esra » jov. jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Salute a cato unu/ Hi everybody,

now, ... time to do some lyric fine tuning. Please insert your " lyric line adjustments".

Please spread at social media cloud i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Ipernity, Lernu.net e.t.c.

Amicalmente,

Thanks to Scriptor how gave me some triggers how simplify that markup below. Following there is proposal how to get organized that procedure to get finaly some kickstarting draft for creation of non-bumpy Interlingua lyrics which could be sung same well like original Esperanto ones.

Please take care that number of syllables which to translate will meet original number of syllables lyrics line.

Mi amas vin tre multe, kara / (= thats original Esperanto lyric)
yo ama te tanto, mi car // (= primary translation)
io ama te tanto, mi car /// (= alternative 1 translation)
//// (alternative 2 translation)

etc.

0001 Eo-song-translation

Amokanto (ia lyrics; instrumental sound)

Amokanto (ia lyrics; eo voice sound)

°
=01=
Mi amas vin tre multe, kara /
yo ama te tanto, mi car //
io ama te tanto, mi car ///
////

comments:
Scriptor scribeva:io non trova le parola cara in mi dictionario de interlingua

Interforo-user-name scribeva:

=02=
de Herno estas mi viktimo /
de Herno io es victima //
///
////

comments:

=03=
amas vin tre multe /
ama te tan multo //
///
////

comments:

=04=
multe pli ol iu ajn esprimo /
multe plus de ulle expression //
///
////

comments:
esra scribeva:One syllable at IA lyrics line needs to be ~stretched~.

=05=
pli ol tro uzitaj vortoj /
plus de tro usate verbos //
///
////

comments:

=06=
pli ol iaj ajn logikaj fortoj /
plus de alique fortias logic //
///
////
comments:
esra scribeva:repeated different word EO syllable: "aj~aj"

=07=
ĉar la bril' de via flor' /
nam le luce de tu flor //
///
////

comments:

=08=
estas la ritm' de mia kor' /
es le rhythmo de mi corde //
///
////

comments:

=09=
mi amas vin tre multe /
io a>ma te tan multo //
///
////

comments:
esra scribeva:IA-lyrics line need some speed up

=10=
kaj neniam volus mi limigi /
e nunquam volerea cessar //
///
////

comments:
Interforo-user-name scribeva:one syllable at IA-Lyric line needs to be ~stretched~

=11=
vian eblecplenan eston /
ante te il ha multe vias //
tu esser plen de possibilitates ///
////

comments:

=12=
kontraŭe mi volus vin instigi /
io te vole incoragiar //
///
////
comments:

=13=
pli ol iaj ajn promesoj /
plus de qualcunque promissas //
///
////
comments:
esra scribeva:Double-Eo-syllable which isn't nessesary at IA-lyrics: aj~aj.

=14=
pli ol fiaj Hollywoodaj tezoj /
plus del fede theses de Hollywood //
///
////
comments:

=15=
kaj aventuro kaj reven' /
e aventura e retorno //
///
////
comments:

=16=
estas por nia amo plen' /
suffice pro nostre amor //
///
////

comments:

=17=
senŝlosa estas paradizo /
sin serratura es paradiso //
///
////
comments:

=18=
amon oni ne posedas /
le amor on non possede //
///
////

comments:

=19=
iru iuen ajn vi emas /
vade ubicunque tu vole //
///
////

comments:

=20=
malliberejoj ĉiam tedas /
prisiones sempre enoiose //
///
////

comments:

=21=
ĉiam blovu amovento /
que sempre sera le vento d'amor //
///
////

comments:

=22=
ĉiam portu ghi al ni kontenton /
e sempre nos dara satisfaction //
///
////

=23=
pri la esto, ĉar liber' /
del esser, nam libertat' //
///
////

comments:

=25=
vivtenas nin je amesper' /
nos sustene in spero d'amor //
///
////

comments:

=26=
mi amas vin tre multe kara /
io ama te tanto, mi car //
///
////

comments:

=27=
dankon Herno pro la beno /
gratias Herno pro le benediction //
///
////

comments:

=28=
amas vin tre multe /
ama te tan multo //
///
////

comments:

=29=
multe pli ol iam vi komprenos /
multo plus que alquando vos comprendera //
///
////

comments:

=30=
pli ol tro uzitaj vortoj /
plus de tro usate verbos //
///
////

comments:

=31=
pli ol iaj ajn logikaj fortoj /
plus de alique fortias logic //
///
////

comments:
esra scribeva:Double EO-syllable: aj~aj

=32=
ĉar la bril' de via flor' /
nam le luce de tu flor //
///
////

comments:

=33=
estas la ritm' de mia kor'. /
es le rhythmo de mi corde //
///
////

comments:

°
esra

Previe

Retro a(l) Discussion in other languages

Qui es in linea

Usatores qui lege iste foro: Nulle usatores registrate e 2 visitantes